Today, I woke up with the intention of giving Lily a bath, and then giving Emmy a bath, but I didn't get out to the barn until 2PM. And I was supposed to meet up with friends at the Regal at 3:50. Soooo... Lily looks so pretty!!! I even took photos and got video as evidence because I knew she would probably roll the second I took off her halter. She was nice enough to wait until I left the barn, so I like to imagine that she never rolled because she knew how good she looked.
Emmy DID get out of his stall for a little bit for a good grooming, some fly spray, a hoof cleaning, and mane and tail brushing. Tomorrow he'll get ridden and after I hope to give him a good bath.
Ah! I was so embarrassed! Olivia and Rio's mom was visiting Inavale today and I had Emmy in the cross-ties when they were walking through the barn and I was getting his grooming box! And of course, Emmy had giant pee and poo spots on him. I'm not abusing him, I promise! I hope they know that he has a knack for rolling in his poo within 24 hours of having a bath. EEEK!
Oh - so get this - when I was giving Lily a bath, the Pepsi distributor guy showed up just as I put shampoo in Lily's mane! I saw him drive up and immediately thought, "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!" He/She is not going to be a horse person. He/She is going to be noisy, throw boxes around, and generally scare the poop out of Lily. And he delivered. *sigh* (BUT HAHA FUNNY PUN! Since he's a delivery guy kind of...) Here's how it went:
Jump out of truck - slam open doors - I hop out of the way of Lily, Lily jumps and get all 4 hooves in the air - Lily chills out a bit, but is still tense, I try to be encouraging - Pepsi guy slams open another door - Lily gets super tense, but doesn't jump, I keep shampooing mane - Pepsi guy slams open the 3rd door and Lily only tenses up a little, I tell her she's a good girl - Pepsi throws down cases of Pepsi by the machine - Lily tenses up, I start rinsing - Pepsi guy slams doors shut and then leaves - I finish rinsing mane and we both let out a sigh of relief to see him go. Then I shampooed her tail with little trouble :D It was all worth it too! SHE WAS SO PRETTY! Then after brushing her mane and tail, I put her fly mask on, put her away, and she was cool and comfortable for the rest of the day. I think.
Here's Emmy's video for today! The flies were giving him a hard time, so after I was done playing with him, his fly mask went on for the rest of the day :)
AHHH a lot of today's blog was devoted to Lily, but Emeries' Blog can have guests, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment